Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One Year Ago Today--April 25th

Exactly one year ago today…

     My sisters (Maria, Katrina, Amy), and I boarded a plane to go to Scotland. We were on our way to visit a friend as well as a country, so that was a double awesomness. Also, I forgot that there are actually no pictures for this post because we didn’t arrive at our destination: the Edinburgh airport, until April 26th. (Yep, the flight is that long)

     For the record, and you can quote me on this, SCOTLAND IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! IF YOU DO NOT VISIT IT AT ONE POINT IN YOUR LIFE AFTER READING THIS AND MY LATER POSTS, I WILL BE EXTREMELY IRRITATED! AND ANGRY! AND STUPIFIED! (Pardon me while my eye twitches in crazed agitation.)

     I expected to be all excited to fly over an ocean, because… you know… that’s like… a big deal. But after the first initial: “Oooooh looky, water!” I got a bit bored. One can have too much water, you know.
     I discovered, during the trip, that I hate with a passion airplane seats. Not. Designed. Well. Do you know how hard it is to sleep when your seat practically forces you to bend forward? (If you’re wondering why I didn’t just lean my seat back, it’s because I was too polite and didn’t want to disturb the couple behind me.) And airplane restrooms are awful. I only used on once before I learned my lesson, namely: Wait. This might be old news to you, but it was the first time I’d flown that I could remember…
     I watched the King’s Speech, and The Voyage of the Dawntreader to pass the time. (not one right after the other, mind you, but over the course of about 16-17 hours. One can only listen to music and read a book when one’s mp3 player has batteries and one’s book is not finished.) In between that, I slept. Or attempted to. Mostly for the “sleeping” part, I leaned against the side of the plane and closed my eyes in an attempt to doze.
     The stewardesses were really nice and almost succeeded in addicting me to cranberry juice. (that stuff is amazing, pepes.)
     But in the end, all I really wanted to do was get there already. The anticipation really started to get to me and I actually began counting down the hours…..Waiting is a very hard thing to do. :)

5 comments:

  1. The flight WAS long, wasn't it? The thing that amazed me most was the lightning-quick nighttime (what was it, like two hours long?) and the extremely cold banana we got for breakfast the next morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16-17 hours?! :O :O I've flown to America in 7 before ... but maybe you live in the west, whereas both times I've been it's to Connecticut. As for aeroplane toilets: UGH. Not fun. Looking forward to reading your other Scotland posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! LOL. Well... we're just about as far west as you can get in America. California IS the west coast. lol.

      I'm glad you're reading mah Scotland posts. Let me know what you think!

      And uggh.. Airplane toilets are.... just awful.

      Delete
    2. You live in California? B-b-but the snow! Didn't you show us pictures of a load of SNOW?! And mountains? And lakes? I thought California was sunny ... always ... but perhaps not. ~coughs to hide ignorance~

      Delete
    3. Haha, yes, I live in California. I think you're thinking of more... Southern Cal... we live nearer the Northern part of it, smack dab in the middle of the Sierra mountain range. Mountains have different weather.... We are mostly sunny, though. That much it true. lol.

      Delete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.