Thursday, October 3, 2013

"You're crazy! I like that."

Today's song was hard. 

Because I have to pick a song that makes me happy....

And um... A lot of the songs that make me happy tend to make me sad at the same time, like a bittersweet sort of happy. 

Like

And then:


But I know I must choose one.

So I'm going to do Hunter Hayes' I Want Crazy. Seriously, listen to it. (The actual song doesn't start until about forty-five seconds in.)



I don't know, something about that song is just awesome. 

"But I don't want 'good', and I don't want 'good enough'.
I want 'can't sleep, can't breathe without you' love.
Front porch, and one more kiss
It doesn't make sense to anybody else.
Who cares if you're all I think about?
I've searched the world and I know now,
It ain't right if you ain't lost your mind.
Yeah, I don't want easy, I want crazy
Are you with me baby? 
Let's be crazy

I was so happy to finally find a song that expressed the way I felt about love. It's not something that can be labeled, really. It's wild, and unpredictable, and crazy. And it makes me happy.

I really tend to like country music anyway, and Hunter Hayes is one of my favorite country singers. His music is super awesome, and he comes up with some great lyrics. 

But, if that song doesn't make you go all....


Then here's the only acceptable version of The Weight, which also makes me happy. (Amy knows this, and goes around singing, "Put the loooaad.... right on meeee." in order to make me blush. The little stinker.)

Oh, and hiiiiii, new followers! You're awesome! Hello!


Cheers, people!


11 comments:

  1. You are crazy and I like that Too :) ROFL
    Hey there, I havent heard from you in a long time. Use to write you on your sister, Katrina's blog.. Maybe you should drop me a note ... dadadahummhummmdadadaaaadddaaahummm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am crazy!! :D

      OOoh, hi there! I really must email you... but I don't remember your email. Did you give it to me? (if you want to you can leave me a comment with it which I won't publish.)

      Delete
  2. Ok, I have to confess, I'm not very fond of country music, and I've never heard anything by Hunter Hayes. But, in the spirit of the challenge, I may just listen to this sometime in the next couple days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on the country music for me. I don't like the whiny guitar sounds, or the really loud stuff, (and I tend to be more in the mood for it in the summer.) but Hunter Hayes is awesome.

      You should listen to the song... even if it's just for the fact that Hunter is extremely adorable. :D

      Delete
  3. LOL!!! That gif is hilarious!! That is what all of us lovable people want: to be loved and feel all warm and fuzzy. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gif made me laugh, so I had to share.

      And yes. Loved, and warm, and fuzzy. What else could you need?

      Delete
  4. I goes... "Rawwwrr." (Gigglygigglygiggly)

    Yeah, I had a hard time coming up with a Song That Makes Me Happy. What I'm doing is sorting through songs in my head, and the one that makes me go BINGO!!! is the one I go with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol me too.

      But I have a bunch of songs that make me go BINGO and then I need to choose! I hate choosing.

      Delete
  5. bahaha! that last gif! oh goodness. xD

    i'm not the biggest country fan, *but*, i like it more than most people who aren't fans of it. normally they're just ruthless. haha! i liked that song. :D

    i'm going to start on this challenge today. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehehe. Minions. Hehehehe.

      It took me a long time to like country, and I've come to the conclusion that it's not the music so much as the fact that most country songs tell a whole story... I like whole stories.

      Yay! I'm excited to see what you pick. ;)

      Delete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.