Sunday, December 14, 2014

So we need a little Christmas, right this very minute...

Candles in the window
,carols on the spinet,
Yes, we need a little Christmas,
right this very minute.
It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
but, Santa, dear, we're in a hurry.....

La, mein peasants!

I promise next week to do a Picture Saturday.

As it is, it's been like two or three weeks and I feel ashamed. (Or maybe you're all just like, "Hurray, she hasn't bragged about her drawings in a while! Wooooooooo!")

Whatever.

You know that song.... "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Eeeeeverywhere you go."

That's a load of bull where I am.

With us, it's more like, "Is hasn't snowed a single flurry, but Santa dear, we're in a hurry."

We were supposed to have a giant snow storm this week. It was all over the news, "IT'S GONNA BE HUGE. PREPARE YOURSELVES. GET YOUR SHOVELS. BUY TIRE CHAINS. YOU DRIVE, YOU DIE. IT'S GONNA BE EPIC. THREE FEET OVERNIGHT. STOCK UP ON FOOD, YOU COULD STARVE.

Wanna know how much snow we ended up getting?


What are we gonna do with all of it?!? Lucky we were prepared, right? Hate to be snowed in.

We could see the storm clouds, we could smell the snow. And the clouds looked down at beautiful Lake Tahoe and went, "Nah, I can hold it til the next rest stop." and passed by this particular turn off.


I'm grouchy about that. I stare at the sky like, "SNOW YOU FREAK."




Suddenly my inspiration for this post petered out.


Let's see. I've been aggressively trying to cram in all my favorite Christmas movies and TV show specials before the Big Day. I'm very emotional over them. Like, "Ohmygosh. He gave her a present." *grabs tissue* "This movie is just... so good."

Okay, so maybe I'm not that bad, but I'm definitely getting all sniffly over lame, cheesy Christmas movies. It's embarrassing, really.

Speaking of lame Christmas movies, Le Sammi Bender spent the night and showed us Santa Claus. (No, I didn't sniffle over it. I'm not that freaking emotional.)

That movie is dumb. But it had these funny bits that made me snortle like an idiot. And I like snortling.

Sammi, Kat, Le me
Of course, it helped that Sammi likes desert a lot, and brought two things of gelato and cheesecakes of fabulousness. You wanna talk sugar high at ten o'clock at night?

I literally started singing that song from Calamity Jane.

I've got two wonderful arms
I've got two wonderful lips, 
I'm over twenty-one, and I'm freeeeee. 
OH I've got a hive full of honey. 
For the right kind of honey. Bee. 

And Sammi just sat there looking at me like:


Yeah, that's why we're best friends.



 My niece made her First Communion today.


She was so excited, her veil was literally trembling, and it was so cute. And I'm sitting behind her like, "God is so good. I'm so blessed. I NEED TO BE HOLY, OH MY GOSH."



One of my favorite Christmas stories is The Gift of the Magi, but I like the version illustrated by PJ Lynch because it's beautiful. It's the cutest, sweetest Christmas story! You should read it.


......
............

Guys, I literally just took a break writing, because my family was having a folded-up-socks version of a snowball fight.

Imagine the setting: A cozy livingroom, a crackling fire, companionable company. And then BOOM, folded socks flying, smashing people's heads and breathless giggling because the Pater is sleeping we don't want to wake him up. Merherherher. Reasons why my family is better than your family.

*cough*

I wrapped loads of pressies the other day. I'm almost done with the shopping. I only have two more people to buy for, and a couple little side gifts I need to get. Everyone else is done, and it makes me so ridiculously happy. I dunno. There's something super fabulous about wrapping presents and singing along with Christmas music.

It's like:

*cuts wrapping paper* "Angels we haaaave heeeeard on hiiiiigh!" *tapes packages* "Sweetly singing oooo'er the plaaaaiins!" *fabulously sticks on ribbons* "Aaand the mountainsss iiin replyyyyy!" *aggressively writes labels* "Echoing their joyous straaaain! GLOOOOO-OO-OO-OOORIAAA, IN EXCELIS DEEEOOOO." *proceeds to next package

 It's fun. And I like the way my pressies turned out.


On the topic of Christmas music... I'm obsessed with Baby It's Cold Outside. I'd never really cared for it until last year. And this year, I've got it playing on repeat, practically. Even my three year old niece is like, "TRESSIE. NO." And then I spend the whole day, frantically singing both parts.

I really can't staaaaaaa--But baby it's cold outside!
I've got to go 'waaaa--But baby it's cold outside!
This evening has--Been hoping that you'd drop in--
SOO very niiice--I'LL hold your hands, they're just like--
My mother will start to wor--BEAUTIFUL what's your hur-- 

You get the idea?

We plan to paint the windows sometime next week.

We're having Midnight Mass at our house, because we're a mission parish, and we has no church to use at midnight.

I'm excited.

I getting distracted by my sisters and mom having tickle fights.

Yeah, we're weird.

That's all.

Bai.























8 comments:

  1. Sirry. (´∀`) That was fun, wrapping all those pressies!

    While they were all sockfighting, I was doing origami placidly in a corner. Yeah. That happened. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fun. XD

      You were like, "I'm above all this. Peasants."

      Delete
  2. It's sooo good to hear from you again! (As you may have guessed, I forgot about my blog. But I have school excuses. And I hope to post again in a few days.) I've been forgetting how much your posts make me laugh. You're awesome. And so is your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks! (I did guess, but you have more excuse than me. I just have no WiFi, you're busy. lol)

      I make myself laugh, so I"m always glad when other people say that I'm funny. lol.

      MY FAMILY IS AWESOME!!!! lol.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. YOU SERIOUSLY DIDN'T GET ANY SNOW AFTER ALL THAT????????

    That is sad. :-( *pats your back lovingly*

    Weeee got a storm. It was no three feet, but we still have an inch or two of accumulation. So I'm happyish. I want it to be enough so it stays for Christmas.

    I have NOT watched ANY Christmas movies! How shocking is that???? I want to watch It's a Wonderful Life, but our VCR is broken and we only have the videocassette. Oh well.

    Your presents look Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous! I am very bad at wrapping gifts. And my hair ALWAYS ends up in the tape! Ugh! XD

    Your family is awesome. Just sayin'. *sneaks into your house and tries to blend in*

    And I can't wait for Picture Saturday! Those always make life so wonderful. :-D You are not bragging on yourself, dahling, you are displaying the amazing talents God has blessed you with and therefore blessing others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO!!! I WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! I WAS LIKE, "THOSE LIARS!"

      We got a dusting last night, but it's melted now. I WANT SNOW for Christmas!

      YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. Have you ever seen One Magic Christmas??? I love it's a Wonderful Life. It's one of the BEST. The way he's like, "MY LIP'S BLEEDIN' BERT! MY LIP'S BLEEDIN'!" it's like, "aaaaaaaaaw."

      Don't they though? *strokes them lovingly* I'm very proud of their prettiness. Hahaha, mine does too! I just pull it out when no one is looking. XD

      They are, it's true. lol. (you'd have to like... sit down or something. Other wise your height alone'd have us like, "SHEEEEEE'S not one of us. lol.)

      Really? You are nice. XD I need to draw.... I haven't in like five days. *headdesk*

      Delete
  4. YEP PRETTY SURE YOUR FAMILY IS THE COOLEST.
    oooh, pretty pressents nice boxes and that looks so good. Guess how much preparation I've done?! NONE. :( I need to work on this or I'm going to be in super big trouble. It's like a week till Christmas. Ahhh, giving gifts is so not my forte. lol

    Awww, your niece looks adorable and how wonderful for her!! YAY.

    And, *whispers* I like it when you post your artwork. I MISS SEEING YOUR AMAZING CREATIONS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I KNOW, RIGHT?

      I just freaking love pressies. lol. You should prepare more. I MEAN GEEZ, GIRL, it's like Five days till Christmas!

      SHE WAS SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

      You do? Shucks. I'mma post more right now. lol. :)

      Delete

Oooh, hello! Are you going to leave me a comment? You must, I insist: your thoughts are appreciated!

I am the queen of replying to comments, so if you leave me one, I shall reply post haste. Plus! If you click on that little "Notify me" button, you'll have all follow up comments plopped right into your inbox. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, darling.